With cooler weather approaching, it’s time to perform some property maintenance to ensure your investment property is as prepared for the change in weather as you are. Your Grand Rapids property management team has a few tips to help you through this seasonal maintenance.
Seasonal Maintenance Tips from the Leading Grand Rapids Property Management Company
With summer winding down quickly and the cooler weather almost upon us, we recommend some basic services to protect the home and prepare it for the cooler winter air:
Avoid expensive repairs by servicing your heating and air conditioning systems. Clean or replace filters, remove build up on fans, cover the outside A/C unit, bleed air from radiators, and check the basement humidity levels.
Step outside for a breath of fresh air and enjoy the fall landscaping. Fertilization, pruning, and any other lawn care services (such as sprinkler line maintenance) should be completed to keep up the curb appeal of your home.
Clear rain gutters of any debris from leaves and needles, etc.
Got a fireplace? Time for a chimney sweep! Get it in clean working order so residents can be comfortable and your property safe all season long.
Grand Rapids Property Managers Are Not Alone in Maintenance Responsibilities
As a property manager, both you and your residents have an obligation to keep the property well-maintained. Here are a few seasonal concerns to be addressed:
- Take care of any safety hazards. Any items that pose an accident such as bulky carpets or loose hand railings should be fixed.
- Check electrical sockets in use to ensure they are not warm to the touch.
- Inspect fire extinguishers to confirm they are properly charged.
- Check any alarms throughout the home and install fresh batteries.
- Review household safety and emergency plans, locate gas and water shut off valves.
- Clean/replace filters and vents as needed and vacuum under all appliances.
- Change furnace filters on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all doors and windows are shut tightly.
- Clean all drains and traps to ensure proper drainage.
- Tidy up outside by storing hoses and similar items.
As a Grand Rapids property management company, we work with residents to get your investment property ready for any season. It is a priority to help you keep your home and residents protected by performing seasonal maintenance duties. If you are not up to performing maintenance on your own, contact the leading Grand Rapids property managers to assist you!
If you are interested in having your property managed by Real Property Management Investment Solutions, have more questions, or just want to speak to one of our team members, then contact us online or call us directly at 616-419-8880 today!
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.